Monday, April 29, 2013

(sounds like dirt xxiv) would you be an outlaw for my love?


won't you let me walk you home from school?
won't you let me meet you at the pool?
maybe friday i can get tickets for the dance
and i'll take you
 
won't you tell your dad, "get off my back?"

tell him what we said about "paint it black"
rock n' roll is here to stay, come inside where it's okay
and i'll shake you
 
won't you tell me what you're thinking of?

would you be an outlaw for my love?
if it's so, well, let me know, if it's no, well I can go
i won't make you

(big star, alex chilton and chris bell)

- #1 record - ardent records/stax - 1972
- radio city - ardent records/stax, 1974
- 3rd/sister lovers - pvc records - 1978
- keep an eye on the sky - rhino - 2009 (box set)
- nothing can hurt me - omnivore recordings - 2013

No comments: